Translate

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm glad you arrived, please do come in.. I hope you enjoy my Homemade crafty items. Feel free to leave a comment and if you have any questions I'll do my best to reply. I've been having better luck with my Mojo but still have a tendency to get lost in the game. I lose my mojo and I just wait for some inspiration to hit and then I'll scrap again. I'm sure others know what I'm talking about. We just plain run out of ideas for a moment! Sooner or later things are kicking back into gear! YAY! For those that stop by and leave comments, I greatly appreciate it. Even stop by just to say Hi.. I will try to get back to your blog too. I hope you have a great day, I hope you enjoy your visit! Sherry

Monday, April 1, 2013

Key To My Heart

Here's my newest layout I've been working on This is my daughter Ashley.  This is another kit layout.  this time there were a few more flowers.. so for almost the first time I decided not to make my own but to work with what is in the kit.  I'm quite happy with how it turned out.   I've done alot of plastic resin embellishments.  Finally got my new moulds and couldn't wait to try them out..  I just LOVE the leaves and the Border flowers.   I'm sure to use these often!..   Can't wait to experiment more with them.   I hope you enjoy my newest layout.   Thanks for stopping would love to hear from you. Always appreciate everyone that visits and for any comments left on my work.  Hope you have a Great day.











I made a birdcage to go on the page but just didn't like the look of it on the layout once I put my layout together.. so I just kept  the birdcage, maybe make a card with it some day.   I used clear Utee, black paint, and pearl Ex Gold tone to make the cage,  the green flowers were in the kit and I even found a use for the wires off the flowers that were supplied in the kit, colored with Krylon 18k leafing marker. 




Material list
Webster's Pages Park Drive series
White, coral, punkin,black Acrylic Paints
Plastic Resin with several moulds
Martha Stewart silicon Frame mould
Cheery Lynn Diecut - Lace Rose and Flourishes
Cherry Lynn Diecut - Lace Light Deco border
Krylon Gold Marker
Chipboard Bird
Resin Bird
Flowers
Martha Stewart Fern punch
Memory Box  Lorelai Leaf
Sookwang double sided tape
Pearl EX Aztec Gold
Clear Utee
Versa Mark
Hero Arts Wooden Stamp
Cricut Expressions


THANKS A BUNCH FOR STOPPING BY.. 
SHERRY










6 comments:

  1. Oh Sherry! When I saw your layout over at scrapbook.com, I just had to stop by your blog for a visit! This page is spectacular! I love the photo of your daughter! And I really love the gold border. I can feel the love you have for her on this beautiful hand-made page! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I forgot to say yesterday how much I love your resin embellies and I would love to see how you make them, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Sharon...
    I've never put a tut together.. but it would be fun if I could find how with our camera. . its so cool to watch the resin set right before your eyes... from runny water like.. to hard within seconds. lol But that too can cause complications if you don't have the two mixtures mixed properly and it hardens in your little cup.. LOL had that happen more times then I want to admit!! LOL But I'm getting faster. I have 4 different kinds of resin so far..(plus baking clay) . one is FAST cure... one that take 10 minutes to cure but its thicker so its harder to fill the tiny pockets so I can end up with air pockets depending on the mould and it takes 15 to 30 minutes to demould.. and another transparent that I haven't cracked the seal yet on that one. Then I have one that take 24 hours to cure... well I'm more of an instant girl.. I want it NOW.. not later...NOW lol I'd be constantly looking to see is it working? is it working? ..... So I like the FASSST cure Cures right before your eyes kind! lol There are lots of different kinds of resin and I'm always on the look out for different ones... The kind I like, I do know that one doesn't' say acid free. blaa blaa blaa... I just make sure if any of the resin pieces come in contact with the pictures I always have a good heavy cardstock between them. I'm hoping that this will be suffice!
    Anyway, can't do it anytime soon.. have so many things on ny plate.

    It would be nice to hear if others are interested in watching the process from start to finish. LET ME KNOW
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi

    Gorgeous Layout with so many fabulous details,photo is wonderful too.

    Fabulous work:)

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sherry this a packed full of wonderful details. I love the way you incorporated those mini frames. It's so full of dimension and your cluster work is very pretty. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate so much, when you stop by and take time to leave me a message. Many thanks to all of you.

Sherry